This is a collab episode with fellow podcaster Joey Ayoub of The Fire These Times. We talk in detail about the research I was doing before I started my show, as well as how it connects to Joey’s current research. We cover neoliberalism, capitalist realism, hauntology and ghosts, and all sorts of issues with temporality and imagining the future.
Fun fact, The Fire These Times was actually the podcast that encouraged me to start Solarpunk Now! I listened to some of his episodes on solarpunk while I was still learning about the genre and trying to come up with a central theme to design my own podcast around.
I’m currently running a fundraiser to cover my 2023 expenses for this show. Please support if you can: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/solarpunkcast
The Fire These Times website: https://thefirethesetimes.com/
You can also follow Joey on Twitter and Mastodon, and support his show on Patreon.
Follow me on Twitter:
- Byung-Chul Han – Psychopolitics: Neoliberalism and New Technologies of Power
- Melinda Cooper – Family Values: Between Neoliberalism and the New Social Conservatism
- Mark Fisher – Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
- David Graeber & David Wengrow – The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity
- Michel Foucault – The Birth of Biopolitics: Lectures at the Collège de France, 1978-1979
- Pierre Dardot & Christian Laval – The New Way of the World: On Neoliberal Society
- Jacques Derrida – Spectres of Marx: The State of the Debt, the Work of Mourning and the New International
- Philip Mirowski and Dieter Plehwe – The Road from Mont Pèlerin: The Making of the Neoliberal Thought Collective
Solarpunk Now! is written, hosted, and produced by Luka Dowell. The solarpunk theme is by Red Keener on SoundCloud.
Support my work: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/solarpunkcast
Follow the show on Twitter at @solarpunkcast or Mastodon @[email protected]!